Carrier® registration is just a click away, Click here, through Modern Air Solutions, your local Carrier Expert or call (800) CARRIER within 90 days of installation and add an additional five years. For complete, detailed information on your specific products warranty covered visit the Carrier® product page or contact Modern Air Solutions. Ask us how to keep your labor warranty active up to 10 years.
As an owner, you know that Carrier® comfort comes from more than our heating and cooling systems. It’s in the knowing that Carrier® stands behind their products with industry-leading warranties, and right by you, for each heat wave, cold snap and everything in between.
As an installer of Carrier® products Modern Air Solutions knows Carrier will stand behind their products 100%..
Regular maintenance is recommended to keep your warranty valid. No matter how energy-efficient your air conditioner was when it was installed, it can lose efficiency if not properly maintained. The good news is, it isn’t hard, time-consuming or expensive to do the kind of upkeep that can help your unit last for years:
- Change your air filters regularly with Modern Air, an ac direct filter dealer. A clogged or improperly installed air filter makes your system work harder. So, if you forget to change your filters, you might notice you’re paying more for air conditioning that you’re not enjoying nearly as much.
- Be sure not to block your floor, wall or ceiling vents. When drapes, furniture, toys or anything else blocks the vents, it will restrict the airflow—and decrease the system’s efficiency and life span.
- Check your outside condensing unit periodically to make sure it isn’t covered up or clogged with leaves or debris. Give it space—at least a foot—by cutting back shrubs or tall grass. Air needs to flow in through the sides to cool the coil.
- Check the drain system to make sure it isn’t clogged. Because your air conditioner removes humidity from your home during the cooling season, you should notice water trickling from the condensate drain of the indoor unit. Keep in mind that the drainage will be limited if you live in a very dry environment.
- Don’t try to turn your home into an icebox. You shouldn’t run your system in cooling mode when outdoor temperatures are lower than 55°F/12.78°C unless your outdoor unit is modified to handle cooling in colder weather.
- Have a Carrier® expert clean your indoor coil and replace your filters routinely. If you notice longer operating cycles and reduced energy efficiency, the coil could be to blame.
- Check for water in the base of your outdoor unit. It likely means the support base has settled or shifted since installation and is no longer level. If that’s the case, be sure to re-level it to assure proper drainage. Also check for standing water or ice under the unit in and arrange for it to drain away.
- Consider having your ducts sealed or insulated. Air leaks can lead to wasted energy and an overworked air conditioner.
Think of it this way: By investing a little time and money in keeping your unit operating at peak performance, you stand to save a lot in system repair and energy bills. Of course, if you’re not up to the task, your local Carrier® expert can take care of all the above, and much more.
Modern Air Solutions offers a complete range of comfort solutions. Our service department is open 24 hours for all your Heating & Cooling emergencies. Our office is open Monday – Friday 7:00am to 4:00pm.
Licensed & Insured Florida Contractor #CAC1817340